Roses are one of the most widely recognized floral arrangements for showing a family member or significant other your love and affection. Whether it’s someone’s birthday, anniversary or you feel the need to send a just because bouquet, roses are the perfect option. Did you know that this gorgeous garden gem is the official June birth flower, for those who celebrate their special day during this month? Here’s what you need to know about the traditional, timeless rose:
The True Meaning of Roses
According to Greek mythology, a sweet smelling rose with a thorny stem represents a symbol of beauty and is the flower of Venus. The Romans considered the rose a representation death and rebirth, often planting them among the grave sites of their loved ones.
Rose Color Symbolism
When it comes to giving roses as a gift, it’s important to consider the hue of the flower based on the occasion. Every rose color has its own meaning, making it simple to choose a shade based on how you want to express your feelings towards someone. Consider the following guide when purchasing roses for the ones you love:
- Red – The most traditional color of the bunch, red roses symbolism love, romance, beauty and perfection. This is the perfect way to express your love when you can’t put words into your feelings.
- Pink – The pink rose is a representation of admiration, gentleness, joy and grace.
- Yellow – An assortment of yellow roses are the perfect option to send to your best friend. They represent cheer and happiness.
- Orange – Known to symbolize enthusiasm, energy, desire and excitement, an orange rose can show an old friend or flame that you’re interested in rekindling the relationship you once had.
- Lavender – To remind your significant other how much you love him or a her, a lavender rose shows your eagerness and compassion to growth. Lavender roses also indicate love at first sight.
- White – White roses represent innocence, purity and charm . This option also represents new beginnings and can express remembrance for those who have passed.
A Rose-Filled Birthday
Beyond gifting a traditional bouquet of roses, there are dozens of ways to use this timeless flower for someone celebrating a June birthday. Based on the feelings you want to share – as well as personal color preference – you can top a cake in gorgeous fresh roses to celebrate a birthday. For other rose theme party ideas and decorations, look for inspiration on Pinterest. If you’re looking for a gift idea that goes beyond a traditional bouquet, consider a refreshing, delicate rose scented perfume.
Sending an Arrangement of Roses
If you’re not sure how to go about creating a gorgeous bouquet of roses to the birthday boy or girl, you may consider choosing from an array of our beautifully designed options that can be shipped right to his or her door! Some of our favorite rose arrangements include Citrus Kissed Bouquet, Teleflora’s Birthday Sparkle, Rosy Glow and Make Me Blush.