We’re approaching the time of March in which the weather becomes more temperate and calm. The Spring Equinox is just around the corner, beginning the new season in just a matter of days. If you’re looking for ways to welcome this time of year, try bringing the spirit of spring into your home. Here are 5 ways to bring spring indoors and welcome the floral, pastel-hued season:
- Keep Your Blinds Open
Now that you have an extra hour of light in the sky at night, there’s no excuse to close yourself up in a dark home. Keep your shades open to allow for adequate natural light. Sunlight has been proven to improve your mood and your vitamin D intake. Even though it might still be too cold to open your windows to let in the fresh air, allowing plenty of natural light into your home is the next best option.
- Decorate with Fresh Fruit
One of the best parts of spring is the fact that there are a lot of fruits and vegetables in season. Naturally, seasonal produce is a perfect treat for any meal or snack, but it can be used to brighten up your natural-toned kitchen. Put out a large bowl and fill it with some of the seasonal favorites you can find at your local grocery store or farmer’s market. Some of the best fruits to enjoy in the months of March, April and May include limes, oranges, pineapples, honeydew melons and mangoes.
- Add Accents of Color
When the seasons change and you’d like to add some pastels to your home decor, it is more cost-effective to buy small pops of color than it would be to replace your furniture with lighter and brighter pieces. Throw blankets, pillows, towels, tablecloths and other small items can easily be placed onto sofas and tables to give your living space a new look for a low cost.
- Change Up Your Linens
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, it’s the perfect time to replace your heavy bedding and thick throw blankets with lighter linens. Get your spring and summer materials out of storage or head to your local home goods store for fresh sheets to start the season right.
- Bring in the Blooms
One of the easiest and most effective ways to bring the spirit of spring into your home is to buy a few brightly colored bouquets. Teleflora has a wide selection of spring flowers that bring the vibrance and life of this season into your living space. Here are some of our favorites:
- Teleflora’s Bubbling Over Bouquet: A gorgeous bouquet of pink roses, lavender alstroemeria, lavender carnations, purple daisy spray chrysanthemums, seeded eucalyptus and lemon leaf provides the right burst of color and joy to any tabletop. It arrives in Teleflora’s Bubbling Over Cylinder, a charming pink glass vase that is decorated with bubbled textures.
- Teleflora’s Aqua Dream Bouquet: This stunning mixture of yellow roses, white Asiatic lilies, yellow miniature carnations, and white daisy spray chrysanthemums can add a playful accent of spring pastels to your decor. Teleflora delivers the arrangement in its Aqua Dream Vase, a stunning aqua-colored ceramic vase that is accented with distressed raised details.
- Say Yellow Bouquet: If you’re looking for something simple but classic, look no further than the Say Yellow Bouquet, a beautiful display of two dozen big, bold sunshine-colored roses that will have you feeling mellow yellow. These blooms come in a classic glass jordan vase and are arranged with a variety of fresh greens for added texture.
- Teleflora’s Dazzling Orchid: You will be truly dazzled when you add this incredible purple phalaenopsis orchid to your home. Arranged alongside a bed of reindeer moss, this magnificent bloom is sure to stand out. Purple orchids signify royalty and admiration, making it a decoration or gift fit for a king or queen.