Let the post-holiday hangover commence. It’s hard to focus at work, and following a routine feels alien after a month of overindulgences and endless celebrations. It takes most of us a few weeks to recover from all the the excitement. Don’t get too discouraged—you’ll be back on track before you know it. Here are some ways to kick-start the new year and feel your best after the holidays:
Combat Post-Holiday Blues
If your winter blues are at their height after the celebrations are over, you’re not alone. While it’s the happiest time of the year, the pressure of the holidays can take a toll on our mental and physical well-being. Plus, we run out of time for moments of self-care and consistent fitness routines. Try following these tips:
- Stay connected with friends and family, but make sure to take breaks from being constantly on your phone.
- Ease into the healthy diet. Your body gets used to overindulging during the festivities, so quitting the junk food cold turkey can leave you feeling moody and irritable.
- Start meal planning each week so you can focus on mindful, healthy eating again.
- Cut yourself some slack and practice patience. It’s normal to feel this way after the holidays.
- Instead of feeling down about the holidays being over, be positive about cherishing the memories by displaying photos from the festivities around your home or office.
Get Well Soon
After the craze of holiday parties, indulgent dinners and precious family time, there’s a chance your body might decide to totally break down and hit you with a dreaded cold—or even worse, the flu. And if it’s not you, it’s likely it will be someone close to you. Regardless of who it is, receiving a get well bouquet usually does the trick to brighten a day filled with tissues, chicken soup and medicine. We won’t tell if you buy an arrangement for yourself!
Find Your Momentum
While it feels like an incredibly slow-going process, you’ll eventually fall back into your healthier lifestyle. To jumpstart the recovery, join a class or find a workout buddy to motivate yourself to get moving again. Start making those plans with friends and family to fill your calendar. Set goals and hold yourself accountable for reaching them, even if it’s merely to eat dinner earlier or cut down on unhealthy foods.
The holidays may be over, but that doesn’t mean you can’t treat yourself to a gift. Reward yourself for all the effort you put into making special holiday memories with your friends and family. Treat yourself to new skincare or makeup products or buy yourself a new outfit. Start planning a vacation for later in the year, and brighten your home or office with gorgeous florals. With our Deal of the Day bouquets, a local florist will surprise your with a custom arrangement filled with fresh, seasonal flowers.
Stay mindful of ways to lift your spirits and you’ll be on your way to a happy and healthy new year!